Founded: 1884 Stadium: King Power Stadium (Leicester), Capacity: 32,243
Leicester City FC was founded as Leicester Fosse FC in 1884, playing on a field near Fosse Road. They were elected to the Football League in 1894 and adopted the name Leicester City in 1919. They moved to the nearby Walkers Stadium in 2002, which was renamed the King Power Stadium in 2011. Throughout the years Leicester City FC experienced twenty-two relegations to the second division. They have won three League Cups (1964, 1997, 2000) but their biggest success was winning the Premier League in 2015-2016. They are one of only six clubs to have won the Premier League since its inception in 1992. “The Foxes” is the most common nickname for the club. An image of a fox was first incorporated into the club crest in 1948, as Leicestershire is known for foxes and fox hunting.