Jan Breydel Stadium
Jan Breydel Stadium is located in Sint-Andries, Bruges, Belgium. The city-owned stadium is the home of Club Brugge and Cercle Brugge and was built in 1975. It currently has 29,042 seats. It is named after Jan Breydel, an instigator of the Bruges Matins, the insurgency that led to the Battle of the Golden Spurs. Prior to 1999 and the Euro 2000 Championshipthe stadium was known as Olympiastadion which had 18,000 seats. Before playing at the Jan Breydel Stadium, Cercle played their home matches at the Edgard de Smedt Stadium, which was their home for more than 50 years.
Location: Koning Leopold III-laan 50, Sint-Andries, Bruges, Belgium
Public Transport: The stadium is 4 kilometers, a 50 minute walk away from the station. Public transport is an easy way to reach the stadium without any worries. Bus 5 or 15 of De Lijn will take you from the station in Bruges or from the city center to the Jan Breydel Stadium. A bus leaves every 10 minutes to stop “Sint-Andries Church”, less than a 5-minute walk from Jan Breydel.
Edgard de Smet Stadium
The Edgard De Smedt Stadium was a football stadium in Sint-Andries, part of the Belgian city of Bruges. Between 1922 and 1974 it was the home stadium of Cercle Sportif Brugeois. Over the years, the stadium was modernized, reaching its maximum capacity of approximately 16,000 seats in 1949. When both Cercle Brugge and Club Brugge ran into financial difficulties in the early 1970s, the then mayor Michel Van Maele took the initiative to build a stadium in which both clubs could play, the Olympiastadion. The Edgard De Smedt Stadium was sold to the city council, which had it demolished.
Location: Torhoutse Steenweg / Magdalenastraat Sint-Andries, Bruges