Jan Breydel Stadium
Jan Breydel Stadium is located in Sint-Andries, Bruges, Belgium. The city-owned stadium is the home of Club Brugge and Cercle Brugge and was built in 1975. It currently has 29,042 seats. It is named after Jan Breydel, an instigator of the Bruges Matins, the insurgency that led to the Battle of the Golden Spurs. Prior to 1999 and the Euro 2000 Championshipthe stadium was known as Olympiastadion which had 18,000 seats. The club’s original home in the Sint-Andries district of Bruges was known as the Rattenplein (rats’ stadium) since it was owned by the local fox terrier club, who used it for another imported English pastime: rat baiting. In 1911, the team moved to a new ground, called De Klokke (after a nearby pub), which was renamed the Albert Dyserynckstadion after the sudden death of Club Brugge chairman Albert Dyserynck. Club Brugge played in this stadium until 1975.
Location: Koning Leopold III-laan 50, Sint-Andries, Bruges, Belgium
Public Transport: The stadium is 4 kilometers, a 50 minute walk away from the station. Public transport is an easy way to reach the stadium without any worries. Bus 5 or 15 of De Lijn will take you from the station in Bruges or from the city center to the Jan Breydel Stadium. A bus leaves every 10 minutes to stop “Sint-Andries Church”, less than a 5-minute walk from Jan Breydel.
Klokke Stadium / Albert Dyserynck Stadium
Klokke Stadion, from 1931 on known as Albert Dyserynck Stadion, was the home ground of the Club Brugge until the “Olympia Park” (current Jan Breydel Stadium)opened in 1975. The stadium held 25,000 spectators. It was named after Albert Dyserynck, who was president from 1919 to 1931 and had donated the property to the club.
Location: Bruges, Belgium
Back to Belgian Grounds & Tickets