Founded 1884, Stadium: Pride Park Stadium, Capacity: 33,597
Derby County FC is a founding member of the Football League in 1888. The club holds two first-division titles (1972 and 1975) and one FA Cup (1946). They were the first team in England to employ a mascot full-time to maintain links with fans and the local community. Derby has played its home matches at Pride Park Stadium since 1997. The teams gets its nickname, The Rams, to show tribute to its links with the First Regiment of Derby Militia, which took a ream as its mascot. Derby’s primary rival club are Nottingham Forest, based in Nottingham, 14 miles east of derby. Meetings between the sides are known as East Midlands derbies. Other rival clubs are Leicester City and Leeds United. The first badge of Derby County was introduced in 1924, the next one in 1934. It was shaped in three sections with the letters DC (Derby County) and FC (Football Club) and the ram’s head. A total new badge was introduced in 1971, featuring a more modern design with modifications which is still in use. During the years there were some modifications and in July 2013 the traditional ram became the club’s full logo again.