Founded: 1875, Stadium: Ewood Park (Blackburn), Capacity: 31,367
Established in 1875, Blackburn Rovers FC was a founding member of the Football League in 1888 and the Premier League in 1992. They won six FA Cups between 1891 and 1928. They won the Premier League in 1995, more than eighty years after their initial two first division titles. Margeret Thatcher was once honorary vice-president of the club. Blackburn Rovers please the East Lancashire Derby also known as the Cotton Mills Derby against Burnley FC. The nickname origins from the fact that Blackburn and Burnley were former mill towns. Through its history the club has adopted four badges as its crest; the Maltese Cross, the towns coat of arms, Lancashire Rose and the present day Blackburn Rovers badge. From 1989 to the present day the current Blackburn Rovers badge has been used. Circling the Lancashire Red Rose is the team name “Blackburn Rovers FC” and the date in which the club was founded “1875” At the base of the badge is the club motto “Arte et Labore” which translated means “by skill and by labour”. This motto has been taken from the town motto which was adopted in 1852.