Leicester City FC
Founded: 1884, Stadium: King Power Stadium, Capacity 32,243
Leicester City FC was founded as Leicester Fosse FC in 1884, playing on a field near Fosse Road. They were elected to the Football League in 1894 and adopted the name Leicester City in 1919. They moved to the nearby Walkers Stadium in 2002, which was renamed the King Power Stadium in 2011. Throughout the years Leicester City FC experienced twenty-two relegations to the second division. Throughout their history, Leicester have spent all but one season in the top two divisions of English football. They have won three League Cups (1964, 1997, 2000) but their biggest success was winning the Premier League in 2015-2016. They are one of only six clubs to have won the Premier League since its inception in 1992. Most Leicester fans consider Nottingham Forest to be their main rivals, with Derby County as secondary rivals. An East Midlands derby is any match involving two of these three clubs. Leicester also have a fierce rivalry with Coventry City, 24 miles away. The game between the two clubs has become known as the M69 derby, named after the M69 motorway which connects the two cities together. “The Foxes” is the most common nickname for the club. An image of a fox was first incorporated into the club crest in 1948, as Leicestershire is known for foxes and fox hunting. This is the origin of the nickname “The Foxes”. Since 1992, the club’s badge has featured a fox’s head overlaid onto a Cinquefoil; the Cinquefoil is similar to the one used on the coat of arms of Leicester. In the 2009-2010 the club’s 125th anniversary year, the home kit featured no sponsor and a new central crest with “125 Years” written beneath it.