Luton Town FC
Founded: 1885, Stadium: Kenilworth Road, Capacity: 10,356
Founded in 1885, Luton Town is nicknamed “the Hatters” and affiliated to the Bedfordshire County Football Association. The club’s history includes major trophy wins, several financial crises, numerous promotions and relegations. It was perhaps most prominent between 1982 and 1992, when it was a member of English football’s top division, at that time the First Division; the team won its only major honor, the Football League Cup, in 1988. Luton Town supporters maintain a bitter rivalry with Watford FC. Other rivalries include Queens Park Rangers, Millwall, Oxford United, Stevenage and Cambridge United. Luton Town have traditionally used the town’s crest as its own in a manner similar to many other teams. The club’s first badge was a white eight-pointed star. Four years later a crest comprising the club’s initials intertwined was briefly adopted. In 1973, concurrently with the club’s switch to the orange kit, a new badge was introduced featuring the new colours. n 1987, the club switched back to a derivative of the town emblem. The “rainbow” badge, introduced in 1994, featured the town crest below an orange and blue bow which curved around to meet two footballs. This badge was used until 2005, when a replacement very similar to the 1987 version was adopted, featuring black text rather than blue and a straw boater in place of the outstretched arm depicted in the older design. The club’s founding year, 1885, was added in 2008. The badge was altered once more during the 2009-2010 pre-season, with the red of the town crest being replaced with orange to better reflect the club colours.