Founded: 1885, Stadium: The Den (London), Capacity: 20,146
Founded as Millwall Rovers in 1885, the club has retained its name despite having last played in the Millwall area of the Isle of Dogs in 1910. From then until 1993, the club played at what is now called The Old Den in New Cross, before moving to its current home stadium nearby, called The Den. Although their results don’t make them a top-level club, Millwall are known for their fiercely loyal, even aggressive supporters. In the media, Millwall’s supporters have often been associated with hooliganism. Their infamous terrace chant is: “No one likes us, we don’t care”. Millwall have a long-standing rivalry with West Ham United. The local derby between the two sides has been contested almost a hundred times since 1899. The club also share a rivalry with Leeds United, and contest the South London derby with local rivals Crystal Palace and Charlton Athletic. The club crest has been a rampant lion since 1936, which was also introduced by Charlie Hewitt. There have been many variations of the lion; the first was a single red lion, often mistakenly said to be chosen because of the club’s Scottish roots. The lion bore a striking resemblance to signs used by pubs named The Red Lion.From 1956 to 1974 Millwall’s crest was two leaping red lions facing each other. Former chairman Theo Paphitis brought back the badge in 1999, where it was used for a further eight years. The current crest is a leaping lion, which first appeared on a Millwall kit in 1979. It remained until 1999 and was re-introduced again in 2007.