Founded: 1882, Stadium: Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium (London), Capacity: 18,439
Queens Park Rangers Football Club, commonly abbreviated to QPR was founded in 1886 after the merger of Christchurch Rangers and St Judes Institute, although their official founding date is 1882 which is when Christchurch Rangers were first formed. In the early years after the club’s formation in its original home of Queen’s Park, London, they played their home games at many different grounds, until finally the settled into its location Loftus Road, renamed Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium at the beginning of the 2019/2020 season. QPR have long-standing rivalries with several other clubs in the London area. The most notable of there are Chelsea, Fulham and Brentford.The first official club emblem was a reproduction from the shield of the former Metropolitan Borough of Hammersmith’s arms. In 1975 a new logo was introduced. A blue and white hooped shield with what looks like the outline of a ball, depicting QPR in plain letters. The current format with “1882 and Loftus Road” arrived in 1982. In 2008 a new crest was unveiled. This new Crest combined elements of the Club’s heritage and was designed to encapsulate the past, present and future, with the famous Hoops being re-integrated into the official identity.