Founded: 1883, Stadium: Riwal Hoogwerkers Stadion, Capacity: 4,235
FC Dordrecht was founded in 1883 as D.C.C. (Dordrechtsche Cricket Club). Because football turned out to be a much more popular sport, this sport was added to the name in 1891 (D.C.F.C., Dordrechtsche Cricket en Football Club). As in 1899 Football became by far the biggest sport within the club, the name was changed to D.F.C. In 1972 the name was changed to FC Dordrecht. In 1991 FC Dordrecht merged with SVV from Schiedam into SVV/Dordrecht ’90. In 1992 the club was rename d to Dordrecht ’90. Since 1994 the club is known again as FC Dordrecht. The biggest rivals of FC Dordrecht are SBV Excelsior. The crest of FC Dordrecht features a Sheep Head. It refers to the nickname of the inhabitants of Dordrecht.