PEC Zwolle

The Bluefingers

Founded: 1910, Stadium: MAC³PARK Stadium (Zwolle), Capacity: 14,000

PEC was founded on 12 June 1910, the name being an abbreviation of PH EDN Combinatie. The club was formed by a merger of Prins Hendrik and Ende Desespereert Nimmer. PEC has been a professional football club since 1955. The club name was changed to PEC Zwolle in 1971 and to PEC Zwolle ’82 in 1982. Instantly after the bankruptcy a new name was chosen for the new club: FC Zwolle. In 2012, after the promotion, the club name was changed back to PEC Zwolle. The current logo is a shield-shaped figure with straight lines on both the top and sides of the logo. At the top it says PEC Zwolle in thick white capital letters. Under the name are four logos of the city of Zwolle; one in each quarter. The colors are blue with white. These colors can be found in the shirt of PEC Zwolle. The logo of FC Zwolle was, except for the name, the same as that of PEC Zwolle. The arch rival of PEC Zwolle is Go Ahead Eagles. This is because the clubs differ greatly. Go Ahead Eagles is the club of the rich past, while PEC Zwolle has gained a higher reputation in recent years. Until recently, both teams played at the highest level, but because Go Ahead Eagles was relegated in the 2016/2017 season, both teams play in a different leagues. The derby between the two clubs is also called the “IJsselderby”.
Back to Historical Football Crests Main Page