Olympisch Stadion / Olympic Stadium
The Olympisch Stadion or Kielstadion was built as the main stadium for the 1920 Summer Olympics in Antwerp. The stadium’s nickname is t’Kiel, the name is due to the district in which the stadium is located. After the Olympics it was converted to a football stadium. Its current tenant is K Beerschot VA. There are no remnants of the Olympic athletics track. In the original stadium there was room for 30,000 people, 20,000 of which were standing. This number has been reduced to 25,000 over the years. In 2000, after the merger with Germinal Ekeren, the stadium was completely renovated. The current stadium can accommodate 12,771 spectators, with only seats. It is possible that Archibald Leitch was involved in the design of the stadium having made several visits prior to the Games.
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Public Transport: Antwerp Central Station. Diamond Metro Line 2 to Antwerpen Schijfwerper. From the Metro Station it is a 2 minute walk to the stadium
Back to Belgian Grounds & Tickets