Fir Park is located in Motherwell, North Lanarkshire, Scotland and is the home ground of Motherwell FC since 1895. The club moved to the ground in 1895, having previously played at Dalziel Park.The ground was laid out in a wooded area belonging to Lord Hamilton of Dalzell, whose racing colours were claret and amber. Motherwell then adopted these colours themselves. The club spent a significant amount of money upgrading Fir Park in the 1930s and the capacity was increased to 35,000. The main stand was then constructed in 1960, providing seating for 3,500 people. But the most notable developments came in the 1990s following the publication of the Taylor Report into ground safety. The old ‘shed’ terracing had seats installed. After that two more stands were constructed, increasing the seated capacity to 13,750.
Location: Fir Park Street, Motherwell, Scotland
Public Transport: Motherwell Central station is around a 15 minute walk away from the ground