Boundary Park is located in Oldham, Greater Manchester, England. Its name originates from the fact that it lies at the northwestern extremity of Oldham, with Royton and Chadderton lying immediately north and west respectively. Boundary Park was originally known as the Athletic Ground when it was opened in 1896 for Oldham’s first professional footballclub, Oldham County F.C.. When County folded in 1899, Pine Villa F.C. took over the ground and changed their name to Oldham Athletic. Oldham Athletic AFC have played their home games here since the stadium was opened. Oldham RLFC rugby club left their traditional home, Watersheddings in 1997 and moved to Boundary Park, although they briefly moved to Hurst Cross in Ashton-under-Lynein 2002, where they played until 2009, when the football club decided that they no longer wanted them as tenants.
Location: Boundary Park, Oldham, England
Public Transport: Manchester Victoria. From Manchester Victoria take the tram to Westwood (approximately. 20 minutes). From Westwood it is a 20-minute walk to Boundary Park