The Madejski Stadium is located in Reading, England. It has a capacity of 24,161 and is an all-seater bowl stadium. The West Stand contains the Voice Reading Hotel. The stadium was opened in 1998 and replaced Elm Park as Reading’s home ground. The stadium is named after chairman John Madejski, who has taken over the club in 1991 and delivered the new stadium.
Location: Junction 11 M4, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 0FL
Public Transport: Reading railway station, then 50A Greenwave Park & Ride bus.
Elm Park was the former stadium of Reading FC, located in the West Reading district of Reading. It was the home of Reading FC from 1896 to 1998. The stadium was closed and demolished in 1998.
Location: Elm Park, Reading, Berkshire, England
Capacity: 14,800 (at closure), 33,000 (peak)